WORLD OF SOUL MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY

a progressive motorcycle enthusiast organization

WOS Family Before you get on your motorcycle to take a Short Ride, a Week-End Trip, or a WEEK LONG Trip to the ROUND-UP. You want to FIRST make sure that your motorcycle has Good Tread on the Tires, and the proper tire pressure. UNDER-INFLATED TIRES is the main cause of TIRE FAILURE/BLOWOUTS. You may also consider replacing OLDER TIRES (3yrs or Older). These Tires may have a lot of RUBBER on the OUTSIDE, but they have gotten very DRY, and it takes them LONGER to HEAT UP. DRY TIRES SLIDE VERY EASY. In the event that you need to STOP, YOU don't need to go sliding into an object (CAR, TRUCK, or ANOTHER BIKER) that you're trying to AVOID HITTING. And most of of YOU don't want to INJURE YOURSELF, or YOUR PASSENGER, and Damage your Motorcycle. If you're going to replace the tires on your motorcycle, DO NOT by on line, the COMPANY you're BUYING FROM in MOST cases, if not ALL, will ship/sell you the OLDEST TIRES on the SHELF. Try to buy from you local dealer, where you can look at the TIRE'S BORN-ON DATE. The Born-On Date is the WEEK the Tire was MADE. All tires have a BORN-ON Date. To locate it on your Tires, First find the Letters D O T, which stands for Department Of Transportation. After locating DOT, look for a Square, or Circle with FOUR (4) NUMBERS in the Square, or Circle. The FIRST TWO DIGITS denotes the WEEK the TIRE was MADE (01 thru 52). The SECOND TWO DIGITS denotes, the YEAR (07,08, 0r 09). The reason the Tire dealer that sells on-line, can sell CHEAPER is the Tire manufacture has given him a super deal to on all that old INVENTORY they have in their warehouse. If you just got to buy on-line, PLEASE make sure YOU find out/ask what the BORN-ON DAY is. LISTEN/Watch the sales person response, when buying on-line, you don't know what the born-on date is. When you go to a local dealer, you can pull the tire on the shelf, and see for yourself what the born-on date is. When you buy on-line, you still have to bring the tire to someone to have it MOUNTED and BALANCED. When you go to the Dealer to have a Tire mounted, and balanced, he's going to know that you didn't buy it from their dealership, and they're going to charge you more for this, since you didn't buy the tire from their dealership. Be a SMART/EDUCATED Motorcyclist.

AB

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard on more than one occasion of folks buying tires on-line because it's cheaper. Not to say the tires are not any good, but it comes down to cost vs safety. Thanks for the info.
Thanks for sharing.
Great information Ant, I have bought tires online on several occasions thinking I've gotten a great deal and I might have been getting the short end of the stick. Thanks for educating us on this, it's always better to be armed with education when going into a purchase.
Hello Pfyffe

I have the tire blog posted under forum also.

Thanks for the comment, AB

RSS

World of Soul Motorcycle Community advocates for access to opportunities for the advancement of the riding community while promoting movement that supports the humanities.

Sponsors & Partners

WORLD OF SOUL MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY IS FUNDED IN PART BY RIDE FOR CHANGE RIDE FOR HOPE FOUNDATION AND THE GENEROSITY OF ITS ADVOCATE MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS.

Music

Loading…

© 2020   Created by WebAdmin aka Superbrother.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service