WORLD OF SOUL MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY

a progressive motorcycle enthusiast organization

I need a new hairstyle that is flexible enough for work and riding. I need to keep it cute, and still look good when I take my helmet off. The braids are out, and I am ready to start back riding for the summer.
SUGGESTIONS!!????

Views: 574

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gherri curl
LMAO! Now that's just wrong in so many ways! You suppose to be helping the sistah out!
im natural...and generally i ride with the fro out...but this yr i would like to switch it up a bit..especially considering helmets r not "fro friendly" (lol)...girl let me kno what folks come up with...i was thinking about getting corn rolls but the jurys still out (lol)
Hey Cookie I am a hairstylist who dont think there are many options for a hairstyle that will hold up while riding. I have short hair (spikeable) but when riding of course my head sweats so its a doo-rag for me. Maybe a bob would work cause you can wrap it and tie it down while riding and its suitable for work. Short hair is also an option but it can be high maintenance depending on cut and texture. Half wigs along with the doo rags are an option when riding but it depends on what you prefer when you are not riding. Hope this helps. Let me know what you come up with. Good Luck
Gherri cul...I sprayed myself. thanks.
Now Miss Skye...I thought about the wig, but am afraid I will snatch it off when I remove my helmet. I do have a bob. I wear a scarf on it, and pick my hair out with my fingers. I look halfway decent, I think.
I'm so glad for this discussion, because I've been thinking the same thing. I'm considering quick weave or traditional weave (sewn in); both of which are pretty care free. Let me know what you come up with.
My stylist told me a sew in would be $150. I think I will try it. I will take a pic of it.
Well Cookie, did you try the sew in yet?? How does it look? I'm in the same boat. Don't know what to do. I've done braids, ponytails, natural curls (disaster), scarfs, you name it! Just trying not to scare everybody when I take my helmet off! Tough job but I guess we (girls) have to do it!!!!!!. Let me (us) know how your new new turned out! :-)
Hey Pretty...sorry but I had my sew in done two weeks ago. I am so dayum cute, that I have alittle beside myself. I rode my bike today and I looked so friggin good when I took my lid off. I gave my stylist a $10 tip. It was worth every dime!!!! I will post the pictures by next week.
go to my page. I just added the picture. It is called 'sew in'.
Dang! Is that ALL we talk think about??? YES! YES! YES! My mind has been on the same thing. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length but Ive found that when riding, it dries out my ends. And if I wrap it, I end up sweating it out underneath the lid. I had considered micro braids (2 inches from the scalp then a free fall) but its gon' be hotter 'n a hookuh on payday! That mess can get oh so hot, heavy and annoying! So I think Ima go with either a quick weave (sewn) or a wig that is spot stitched (over corn rows). Either way.......I will be HOT2DEF! Lets do wat it do ladies!
My hair is natural and I wear a 2-strand twist with extensions, corn rows with extensions or braids or do the weave thing.

RSS

Advocating access to opportunity for the riding community while promoting movement that supports the humanities.

Sponsors & Partners

WORLD OF SOUL MOTORCYCLE COMMUNITY IS FUNDED IN PART BY RIDE FOR CHANGE RIDE FOR HOPE FOUNDATION AND THE GENEROSITY OF ITS ADVOCATE MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS.

Members

Badge

Loading…

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2017   Created by WebAdmin aka Superbrother.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service